Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stripping the color form my hair?

I would like to strip the color from my hair and dye it a brighter more vibrent color, I've used many different kinds of non-permanent dyes and since I have a naturally dark hair color they dont show up too well, while my mother insists it will cause my hair to fall out I would like to know for sure before I get it stripped and dyed... any answers?



Stripping the color form my hair?

stripping hair is horrible!!! if u have dark hair and want a more vibrant shade u should use....Loreal for Dark Hair....it lifts and deposits and the same time...very bright colors!!!



Stripping the color form my hair?

it's really bad most salon don't do it cause it's really bad for ur hair and there's a 50/50 chance it's gonna fall out! DON'T DO IT!



Stripping the color form my hair?

L'oreal hair dye remover (Ulta, Target) will do it - just remember it's pretty strong stuff and it can damage your hair. I got lucky and it didn't wreck mine, but you have to be prepared just in case. I went from dyed dark to bleach blonde in an afternoon, after my hair stylist refused to do it for me.



Good luck!



Stripping the color form my hair?

Be careful, i did that when i was in high school and ended up having a problem holding color i damaged my hair so much from the differents colors and stripping. i ended up with this nasty orange color that I had to let grow out.



Stripping the color form my hair?

You can strip the color from your hair with peroxide or a special hair salon style bleach. Although you might want to think twice before doing so, i have really dark brown hair and my parents stripped the color and then dyed it blonde, what a mistake!!!!! I colored it back within the next 3 days!!!! Good luck with whatever you do!!!!!



Stripping the color form my hair?

L'oreal ultra hair dye remover. do not use too lose to the root.



Stripping the color form my hair?

Stripping your hair is a very risky thing. It wont make your hair "fall out"...but there is a good chance it will severly damage your hair to the point of breaking off. If you have only been using temporary color, you should be able to use regular hair color for dark hair. These permanent hair colors contain a higher level of ammonia and peroxide than others, which allows your hair to have a more vibrant color. One thing to remember is once you strip your hair, it may be less capable of absorbing and holding color afterwards....much like if you bleached it and tried to color over it...the color would just wash right out. I would see a pro, they would know how to treat your dark hair...but if you MUST do it yourself, go to a Sally's Beauty Supply or a similar place and ask for high lift color for dark hair. Also...be sure to treat your hair to a heavy duty conditioning treatment before and after coloring, this will not only help you to have more even results, but it will also help th ecolor to last longer.



Stripping the color form my hair?

Use baking soda in your shampoo each time you wash your hair and it will eventually strip the color enough to change it. It really works. A hairstylist recommended it because, although it dries your hair out (you must condition), it's non-damaging.



Stripping the color form my hair?

If you don't have an actual problem going on with your color I would not use the hair color stripper,it will damage and dry out your hair. Why don't you try a permanent color,that might give it a brighter look. Seriously, stay away from the color remover if you don't have a color problem.



Stripping the color form my hair?

is not advisable you do that because it may result to your hair falling out one after the other



Stripping the color form my hair?

Why don't you skip this part where you damage your hair beyond repair and just shave your head and wear a wig. My god, by the time your done the stripping, there won't be much hair left to dye and when you do, there will be even less after the dyeing process.



What a great way to damage you hair. It'll take a long time to grow out



Stripping the color form my hair?

You could be asking for trouble by doing it yourself, im a stylist and would reccommend doing it professionally only.



Stripping the color form my hair?

its not good

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Fish